Recent sermons are available to read below. To listen to last week’s sermon please click here.
- Sermon from Sunday 17th September from Phil HorscroftMatthew 18:21-35 Merciful God I thank you for your love, your forgiveness and your blessings. May my words find favour in your eyes and be fruitful for those who hear them. Amen. 2 Corinthians 5:21 says :For our sake he made Christ, who knew no sin, to be sin for us, so that in and … Read more
- Sermon from Sunday 16th July from Phil HorscroftMatthew 13: 1-9, 18-23. Parable of the soils. Merciful God, we thank you for your many blessings and this opportunity to meet together for worship, study and praise. May my words be acceptable in your sight and fruitful for those who have ears to hear. Amen. The Gospel reading today is the parable of the … Read more
- Sermon from Sunday 18th June from Rev Trudy ArnoldRomans 5: 1-8 & Matthew 9: 35 – 10:8 In this past week or so there have been a number of news headlines about tragic events. Yes there are always tragic events somewhere, many of which we never get to hear about. Yet this week it has really struck me just how many have hit … Read more
- Sermon from Sunday 14th May from Rev Trudy ArnoldActs 17: 22-31 & John 14: 15-21 I’m not much of a risk taker. I like to know what I’m doing, what is expected of me, what the expected outcome is going to be. True, I am excitable and often go off on an excited tangent, rather than the planned route. But it’s a safe … Read more
- Sermon from Sunday 26th March – from Rev Trudy ArnoldJohn 11: 1-45 Does anyone who drives remembering using a map to navigate our way to a destination? Yes – those good old days before SatNav! I used to work for BT and I used to have to drive all over the UK. And I did most of it purely by reading a map and … Read more
- Sermon from Sunday 5th February from Rev Trudy ArnoldMatthew 5: 13-20 I am not a science geek. I hated science at school and was very lucky not to have to take it as an exam subject – as long as I did 2 languages. French and German were far more interesting to me than any science. On the other hand I do like … Read more