Recent sermons are available to read below. To listen to last week’s sermon please click here.
- Sermon from Sunday 5th February from Rev Trudy ArnoldMatthew 5: 13-20 I am not a science geek. I hated science at school and was very lucky not to have to take it as an exam subject – as long as I did 2 languages. French and German were far more interesting to me than any science. On the other hand I do like Continue Reading →
- Sermon from Sunday 29th January 2023 from Rev Jane RichardsLuke 2 22 – 40 – Candlemas Last Friday was Holocaust Memorial Day when we are invited to take some time to reflect not just on the horrific events that occurred in Europe as a result of the Nazi regime in Germany but also other acts of genocide that have resulted in the deaths of Continue Reading →
- Sermon from Sunday 22nd January from Phil HorscroftMatthew 4:12-23 Merciful Father, thank you for your many blessings and I pray that my words will be acceptable in your sight and fruitful for those who hear them. Amen. In todays Gospel reading we see our Lord Jesus setting out on the beginning of His Ministry. He has been baptised by John the Baptist; Continue Reading →
- Sermon from Sunday 15th January from Nicola FirthIsaiah 49:1-7, John 1:29-42 May I speak in the name of the Father, the son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen. One of the things I have grown to love since becoming a Christian is the familiarity of the church calendar. Not a physical calendar with lovely pictures, helping me to organise my life and commitments, Continue Reading →
- Sermon from Sunday 8th January 2023 from Rev Jane RichardsMatthew 2 1-12, Ephesians 3 1-12 I often think that the story of the arrival of the Magi is one that gives rise to more questions than it answers. For a start who exactly were these mysterious people who travelled so far in expectation of finding something amazing? What were their back stories? What had Continue Reading →
- Sermon for Christmas Day, 25th December 2022 from Rev Trudy.John 1: 1-14 I don’t know about you but I love Christmas lights. My house is covered, inside and out, with as many lights as I can. There are 2 sets of lights on my main Christmas tree and on each of my three smaller trees. There are various lights and lit decorations in the Continue Reading →